9 days without eating, help!

gabby.santana

Location (City and/or State)
California
My box turtle hasn’t eaten the food we have given him for almost 3 weeks now. Idk if he’s eating snails or idk what he’s eating. I did notice he lost a bit of weight but I’m hoping he will gain it back and eat again once it starts warming up again.

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
My box turtle hasn’t eaten the food we have given him for almost 3 weeks now. Idk if he’s eating snails or idk what he’s eating. I did notice he lost a bit of weight but I’m hoping he will gain it back and eat again once it starts warming up again.
Keep a record of your box turtle's weight over time. Make sure you soak your boxie when you get him out to weigh him to make sure he stays hydrated. You may want to weigh him both before and after the soak, because if it's been while, there could be a noticeable difference. Later, if there's a problem, your records can help the vet figure out what's going on.

When I soaked my boxie this weekend, she went from 132 grams pre-soak to 142 grams post soak. It was a long soak, and she ate quite a bit during her soak, but part of the weight increase was all water.