A Cajun and his shelled warrior.

Waltumus

Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
Hi my name is Walter I forgot to do a introduction post, so here it goes. I have a 7.5 inch 2 year old Sulcata named Sheldon. He's a great tortoise that I got from a customer at my insurance office. When I considered to get a Sulcata I researched and thought about the responsibility for a few months to make sure I could provide it the life it truly deserves. I like to think he's happier with me than sharing a space with 125lb adult male Sulcata that my insurance customer owns. I'm raising him mostly on clovers, weeds and St Augustine grass. Once a week he gets spineless prickly pear and once a week he gets tortoise chow. I look forward to being a member of this forum.
Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Walter, and welcome to the Forum!

Wow, they previous owner did a very nice job on Sheldon. He looks great!

You'll be adding more timbers along the top of that enclosure very soon. But that's the nice thing about that design. It's easy to add to.

Waltumus

Central Florida
Hi Walter, and welcome to the Forum!

Wow, they previous owner did a very nice job on Sheldon. He looks great!

You'll be adding more timbers along the top of that enclosure very soon. But that's the nice thing about that design. It's easy to add to.

Thank you Yvonne G, I will definitely be adding another layer soon. I noticed him trying to look over the top the other day and he's getting close to seeing over it. I'm very fortunate to have such a great pet. The previous owner seemed to have a pretty good feeding system which is very cheap that I follow. He was very firm on making sure I don't over feed him and keeping him hydrated to prevent pyramiding.