A Harbor Freight digital temp gun find!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
These are on sale now at HARBOR FREIGHT.
They are both inexpensive and very high quality.
I own several of these myself.
A "must have" item for our hobby.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_133556_Harbor Freight Tools.jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_133556_Harbor Freight Tools.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 1

ryan57

PA
To anyone reading this thread. All tortoise owner should have one of these kinds of temp gun. Doesn't have to be this exact one, but that's a good price if you have a store near you.
Only thing I don't like about this model is that the temperature changes slightly based on the distance especially in water. I own two of them because they're cheap.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Only thing I don't like about this model is that the temperature changes slightly based on the distance especially in water. I own two of them because they're cheap.
I had one at work that was very expensive and much more precise.
Two lasers.
I could measure the temperature of an individual 14 gauge wire inside a cluster of wiring.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe they all do change a bit depending on the distance. My hub used them in his job, not real cheap ones, RayTek. He was a Stationary engineer. He worked at the county hospital, so temps had to be right on when they did use them. He said yes, if measured from say two feet and then the same thing but at 10 feet, it would read slightly different, but almost unmeasurable.
Probably the cheaper they are the more the difference would be.

ryan57

PA
I believe they all do change a bit depending on the distance. My hub used them in his job, not real cheap ones, RayTek. He was a Stationary engineer. He worked at the county hospital, so temps had to be right on when they did use them. He said yes, if measured from say two feet and then the same thing but at 10 feet, it would read slightly different, but almost unmeasurable.
Probably the cheaper they are the more the difference would be.
Apparently I need a better one so water temps are more accurate, etc. I'll check out RayTek. Thx.