A juvenile Sulcata Tortoise asks his dad, “what is politics?”

Nsav

Location (City and/or State)
Robbinsville NJ
“Well son,” the adult male Sulcata says, “let me explain it this way: I’m the breadwinner of this tortoise family, so let’s call me Capitalism.”

“Mom is the administrator of the money, so let’s call her the Government,” the dad continued. “We’re both here to take care of your needs, so we’ll call you the People. Our nanny Leopard Tortoise, we’ll consider her the Working Class. And your hatchling brother, we’ll call him the Future. Now think about that for a bit and see if it makes sense.” So the little tortoise went off to bed thinking about what his dad had told him.

In the middle of the night, the young tortoise woke up to hear his hatchling brother (who normally slept 20 hours every day) moving around and fussing. The big brother checked in on him to find that the baby had severely soiled his den. The young tortoise then went to his parents den to find his mother conked out. Not wanting to wake up his mom, the young tortoise then goes to his nanny’s den. Finding the entrance blocked by a big piece of driftwood, he peeks inside and sees his father in bed with the Leopard Tortoise. The young tortoise then gives up and goes back to sleep.

The next morning, in the middle of a Mazuri pancake breakfast, the little Sulcata says to his father, “Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now.”

The father says, “Great, son. Tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about.”

And the juvenile responds, “While Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored, and the Future is in deep sh*t”

ryan57

Today is my birthday!
PA
“Well son,” the adult male Sulcata says, “let me explain it this way: I’m the breadwinner of this tortoise family, so let’s call me Capitalism.”

“Mom is the administrator of the money, so let’s call her the Government,” the dad continued. “We’re both here to take care of your needs, so we’ll call you the People. Our nanny Leopard Tortoise, we’ll consider her the Working Class. And your hatchling brother, we’ll call him the Future. Now think about that for a bit and see if it makes sense.” So the little tortoise went off to bed thinking about what his dad had told him.

In the middle of the night, the young tortoise woke up to hear his hatchling brother (who normally slept 20 hours every day) moving around and fussing. The big brother checked in on him to find that the baby had severely soiled his den. The young tortoise then went to his parents den to find his mother conked out. Not wanting to wake up his mom, the young tortoise then goes to his nanny’s den. Finding the entrance blocked by a big piece of driftwood, he peeks inside and sees his father in bed with the Leopard Tortoise. The young tortoise then gives up and goes back to sleep.

The next morning, in the middle of a Mazuri pancake breakfast, the little Sulcata says to his father, “Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now.”

The father says, “Great, son. Tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about.”

And the juvenile responds, “While Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored, and the Future is in deep sh*t”
1) People earn money selling goods and services under capitalism, 2) the government does not produce income but only wastes the taxes of number 1 and 3) yeah, people were mentioned in number 1.

ryan57

Today is my birthday!
PA
1) People earn money selling goods and services under capitalism, 2) the government does not produce income but only wastes the taxes of number 1 and 3) yeah, people were mentioned in number 1.
@Chefdenoel10 Did I give away my vote? LOL!