A little "Sluggage"

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Matilda wore down and ate the last nightcrawler till the order comes in tomorrow. She was looking for more, she glares.... so even though she has 3 kinds of fruit to eat, I found her a couple of slugs.

see what I mean, GLARES!20220217_141917.jpg20220217_141925.jpg

She is such a treat! Tomorrow we'll put her in a bowl and take her to the scale....she doesn't like the meetings, but she goes for the weigh-ins.......LOL, yes, I was married once for 25 yrs...lol

Whenever I see her eat slugs, I think of the rhyme...: "Greasy, grimy gopher guts"................

MEEJogja

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Indonesia
It is probably completely natural, harmless behaviour but just to put a downer on it... we are very careful in the UK not to let our dogs eat slugs as they are commonly infected by lungworm, which can kill them. I know tortoises can harbour lungworm but I'm not sure if it poses more of a risk than common tort parasites. I wouldn't encourage it as a precaution.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Matilda wore down and ate the last nightcrawler till the order comes in tomorrow. She was looking for more, she glares.... so even though she has 3 kinds of fruit to eat, I found her a couple of slugs.

see what I mean, GLARES!View attachment 340702View attachment 340703

She is such a treat! Tomorrow we'll put her in a bowl and take her to the scale....she doesn't like the meetings, but she goes for the weigh-ins.......LOL, yes, I was married once for 25 yrs...lol

Whenever I see her eat slugs, I think of the rhyme...: "Greasy, grimy gopher guts"................
It's amazing how defiant, angered, accusatory, annoyed, etc., their faces can look to us humans. They're probably really thinking, "this job just doesn't pay enough & i'm wondering if I dare use this food god/goddess as a reference in my new job search." Or, "the food in this place has really gone downhill, compared to when I first got here."

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thanks guys, she's only here because of you guys helping me!! She weighed in at 130 grams, +10 over the last month. She was up early this morning. At 1:30AM prowling around in the dark! I got up and snapped a pic as she ate breakfast.....for the 1st time today, she ate blackberry.....they usually rot next to her other fruits and greens.20220218_022838_HDR.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
When I got home from Kerry's yesterday around noon, Matilda was dug-in inside the coupling to your left in the pic above, facing the wall. This is a rarity for her.

I was up early but resisted calling her till 2-3am......she lifted her head up....didn't bother to turn to actually look at me but meh, I've had girlfriends like that too.....didn't keep them, but had them....LOL

Yesterday evening was Steak night for jeff so this morning, it was Steak w/o Eggs for Matilda's breakfast. She tears into beef as she only gets it once a month or so. I lie to her often since I eat steak a lot more often than she does, I just tell her I ate Mcdonalds or some other out-of-bounds food.

Uncle Jims @ Mr Bezo's old firm, who I bought my worms from has fallen down and cannot get up, they were supposed to arrive last Friday. Poor Matilda, now forced to scavenge on the charity of others, table scraps if you will. She IS A VICTIM of the failure of the supply chains.....so terribly sad for her, not yet even two years old......and already caught up in the failed politics of (insert name here, doesn't matter who, all the same). Later this week, she will actually be reduced to eating off the ground, poor baby turtle! Berries are all she will have to survive on until those people make good on their promises for the product they have already received funds for. At this point, even if they do arrive, they will likely be as emaciated as poor Matilda may be by then. This is just devastating!

Maybe Special K will post this as a review....naw, not really....just a little tongue in cheek.....

I had to take this pic from the back side of the fitting, thru the glass.....but she's in there, feeding like a turtle!

Beef, the other red meat!Beef,the other red meat.jpg