A new Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfgangW

5 Year Member
Dear friends of Hermann´s Tortoises,
I want every keeper of European Tortoises to be aware of my new book “ Naturalistic keeping and breeding of Hermann´s Tortoises”.
Hermann‘s Tortoises are undoubtedly the terrestrial chelonians that are most commonly kept in human care.
Even though the first specimen was scientifically described as long ago as in 1789 by GMELIN, our knowledge of these archetypical animals is still relatively young. In fact, it has only been for a few years that basic information has been emerging on subjects as fundamental as their dietary requirements and associated metabolic functions in particular.
I have written this book as a tortoises friend of many years and as a breeder of, amongst others, Hermann‘s Tortoise. It is a summary of my own experiences, gathered from years of observation of specimens in captivity, in natural habitats, and from the exchange of information with other keepers and breeders.
I have consciously attempted to convey my own knowledge and understanding of rather complex biological processes in a very simplified manner so that the respective concepts are as widely comprehendable as possible.
If this book helps only a few small tortoises hatched in human care and never seeing their southern homelands to live to their natural life expectancy, then my work will have reached its intended goal.
Inform your self on the http://www.testudo-farm.de/html/en_home.html

Best regards from Lake Constanze, Germany
Yours Wolfgang Wegehaupt

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wolfgang I am intereste in your book but it appears not to be avilable in the UK. Where can it be ordered from (English version)?

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
I received your e-mail Wolfgang and am interested in an English version (to the USA) as well...

WolfgangW

5 Year Member
Dear Tortoisefriends,
Anyone interested in the English version of my book can order it directly per Email and pay per Paypal. The cost including postage is 45.-- EUR´s.
Thank you for your interest.
Wolfgang Wegehaupt

Status
Not open for further replies.