Adding a second slider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellyboo

5 Year Member
I apologize for all of the posts today. You guys are the only tortoise/turtle people I "know." :D

Would it be ok to add a young (less than a year old) yellow bellied slider in with my new RES? I know they can do fine together, the thing that worries me is I have no clue how old she is. Judging by size alone though she is more than likely a full grown adult. I also don't know if she has even been with other turtles. Is it ok to add one more, or should I not risk it. I'd feel horrible if we did and something happened. Tank space itself isn't an issue, however, I can't really add a second tank. So if I got a second and it didn't work out I'd be in a bit of trouble.

Thanks a bunch! :cool:

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, NY
I've also been thinking about adding a second RES to my tank. I just moved my Penny who is 2.5inches now to her 55 gallon tank. Im scared of fighting though and it seems just her is messy enough.

image-2712330528.png

image-1152006881.png

bellyboo

5 Year Member
WallieTheTortoise said:
I've also been thinking about adding a second RES to my tank. I just moved my Penny who is 2.5inches now to her 55 gallon tank. Im scared of fighting though and it seems just her is messy enough.

View attachment 15308

View attachment 15309

I thought of the mess too. I'm already cleaning up after kids, cats, dogs, a tort and now a turtle. lol! If I add a second I think I'd add another filter. My RES is at least 7" long, and I have no clue if she's ever been with others, so I worry we'll have trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.