Adjusting well after being abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baltimore, Md
Dayzee is doing GREAT!!! She seems so happy, I hope she is :) We love her already... To those who don't already know, she was abandoned on my porch in a box Friday... Read the thread ;) ImageUploadedByTortForum1374694792.928225.jpg here's a link to her video on YouTube... Thanks for everyone's support n advice :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTwUQj9474

Last edited by a moderator:

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Im sooooo happy

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

To cute

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I think you are doing the right thing by keeping her, just remember she may still have eggs to lay this year so make sure she has a good place to do it.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
WOW! Abandoned just like that? I know it shouldn't surprise me. At least they dropped it off at the right home!

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Yes... I'm glad they didn't just abandon her outside or something... So happy she's adjusting so well too :) She's a part o our family now n will never b abandoned again... Len, what do I do if she lays eggs? I've been thinking about that

Jabuticaba- All my neighbors know I have a sulcata, so I think maybe that's y whoever abandoned her on my porch chose me

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Jabuticaba- All my neighbors know I have a sulcata, so I think maybe that's y whoever abandoned her on my porch chose me
[/quote]

Makes sense! I'm May, btw. Nice to meet you! :) I'm sort of new to tort keeping. I rescued 2 Hermann's torts, earlier this month. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You and me both then I will not get into trouble for bringing home more animals.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
mike taylor said:
You and me both then I will not get into trouble for bringing home more animals.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app
Well, don't let that stop you, Mike. I'll show you how can "drop animals off," at your own door." [WINKING FACE]

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Hi May! I'm Tara... I've got a 1 year old sulcata (Oogway) who someone found wandering their yard (in Maryland!!) last July, brought into petco (where I happened to b buying crickets for my frogs) he was only about a week old and smaller than 2 inches so the guy who worked there just gave him to me :) and now an eastern box turtle (u guys know her story lol)... Come to think of it, I've lucked into both my torts, maybe I'll start playing the lottery lol... In addition to the tortoises, my husband, Kevin, n I have a 14 year old son (Kain), a 11 year old daughter (Kaylee), we also r raising r 13 month old nephew (Noah) and 3 month old niece (Rylee)... We also have 2 cats (Raven & Massive), a blue pit bull (Diesel), 2 fantail goldfish (Scarface & Kapone), 2 pearscale goldfish (Jujubee & Bubbleface Nelson), 2 black moor goldfish (Dopium & Baby Dopium), a fowler's toad (Kilo green) and a grey tree frog (Cricket)... Yes, I have a zoo lol Good job rescuing ur babies... Where were they before u?

Thanks lynnedit! I think we r the lucky ones :)

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Hi, Tara! Boy you're one busy woman! Yes, if we all had that kinda luck on the lotto! LOL my guys were with a friend, who had then for 4-5 years. She got very sick while pregnant and still isn't quite well enough to care even for baby by herself. So, she offered them to me and here they are. I live with my partner of 15 yrs, Gordon; no human kids. In addition to the [TURTLE][TURTLE], we have 3 dogs (Dax, Border collie- Aussie, 12; Vegas, Aussie,11; and Cricket, Aussie-Dane,9). Oh, and we tropical fish, too. My catfish's name is Kitty. :)

Atra42o said:
Hi May! I'm Tara... I've got a 1 year old sulcata (Oogway) who someone found wandering their yard (in Maryland!!) last July, brought into petco (where I happened to b buying crickets for my frogs) he was only about a week old and smaller than 2 inches so the guy who worked there just gave him to me :) and now an eastern box turtle (u guys know her story lol)... Come to think of it, I've lucked into both my torts, maybe I'll start playing the lottery lol...

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Love the catfish's name!! It's like my frog cricket! U have quite a few babies to care for too!! My husband n I have been together for a long time too... Since 9th grade, 16 yrs! Its nice to meet someone whose been together as long as I've been w/mine :) so I see that ur from Canada, how far from the states r u?

Status
Not open for further replies.