Adoption resources?

Speedy'sBuddy

Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Hi all - I'm beginning to consider the possibility that my Redfoot will outlive me; I'm 60 and have had him since I was 7, and he's going strong. So am I, but you never know! - so I'm interested in any resources for rehoming tortoises if I end up crossing the finish line before him. There's nobody in my family or immediate circle of friends who I'd feel comfortable with. I'm in northeast US. Any ideas? - thanks!

crimson_lotus

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
I don't have any resources, but have thought about this for my own redfoot.

Personally I want my tortoise in a warmer climate with others like her, so I would probably search for sanctuaries outside of my state. I would drive her down and check out her new home with her. Another great option would be to see if anyone on the forum would be interested in picking him up- someone that clearly cares about their tortoises and is a regular.

nicoleann2214

NY
Hi all - I'm beginning to consider the possibility that my Redfoot will outlive me; I'm 60 and have had him since I was 7, and he's going strong. So am I, but you never know! - so I'm interested in any resources for rehoming tortoises if I end up crossing the finish line before him. There's nobody in my family or immediate circle of friends who I'd feel comfortable with. I'm in northeast US. Any ideas? - thanks!
@Toddrickfl1

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Turtle Rescue of Long Island