Adoption

akoo1

Location (City and/or State)
Bell California
Hello All Good Afternoon,

My name is Alexander, this is my first time on here. I was referred to this forum because I was looking for someone to adopt my tortoise. I've had my sulcata tortoise for about 9 years now. His name is Jerry and I had him ever since he was a baby. Anyways now he's grown up a bit and it's becoming a bit difficult to take care of him now especially since he needs a bigger backyard and he needs more care and unfortunately I do t have the time. If you or anyone you might know that could be interested In adopting him or might know of a sanctuary please feel free to contact me here. I really want a loving home for him and I hope I can find a better suitable place for Jerry. Thank you all.

akoo1

Bell California
Hello All Good Afternoon,

My name is Alexander, this is my first time on here. I was referred to this forum because I was looking for someone to adopt my tortoise. I've had my sulcata tortoise for about 9 years now. His name is Jerry and I had him ever since he was a baby. Anyways now he's grown up a bit and it's becoming a bit difficult to take care of him now especially since he needs a bigger backyard and he needs more care and unfortunately I do t have the time. If you or anyone you might know that could be interested In adopting him or might know of a sanctuary please feel free to contact me here. I really want a loving home for him and I hope I can find a better suitable place for Jerry. Thank you all.
Sorry also forgot to add that I live in Los Angeles California

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Unfortunately there are so many needing homes for the same reason. Wish research was done before the purchase. A lot of rescues are over loaded with Sulcatas because people don't research how big they get and how quick that happens.
It might help if you add a picture of him to this thread.
Being in CA you might have a good chance of finding him a home. Just be careful of newbies that join just to get a free tortoise. A lot of them are flippers and just want to make money off the free tortoise.

akoo1

Bell California
Unfortunately there are so many needing homes for the same reason. Wish research was done before the purchase. A lot of rescues are over loaded with Sulcatas because people don't research how big they get and how quick that happens.
It might help if you add a picture of him to this thread.
Being in CA you might have a good chance of finding him a home. Just be careful of newbies that join just to get a free tortoise. A lot of them are flippers and just want to make money off the free tortoise.
Sounds good, thank you so much for the tip, yeah unfortunately I was 13 years old and didn't know any better and well now I ealize that he needs a bigger place. Thank you for the help though.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
@wellington maybe add LA in The title?

OP you can try reaching out to https://www.tortoise.org/, but unfortunately as you have probably learned already by looking at craigslist lots and lots of people give up sulcatas once they are grown. Do you be careful of people looking to take one off your hands for unscrupulous reasons or to just flip without caring about what kind of home it goes to. Good luck, wish there were more people who could take them.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
He's beautiful! Has he shown you his penis? I feel sad for you to have had him for so long to give him up. does he have a yard now? How much does he weigh? He won't get adopted immediately, be patient. I would also go around to various Vets and put a note w/picture on their particleboard.