He will be inside at night and winter as we are in uk

What size does he need
I have lights and wAter needs sorted and plan on using topsoil n paper
Thanks

David Harmon

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool
hey i live in liverpool and is new to the leopard tortoise, i use a temp vivarium which is 4ft x 2ft, but others have preference but I've had good advice on here, so have a look at the leopard tortoise forum, I've learnt a lot in a week or so.

David.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Welcome to the forum. Read the care sheets in the pinned section at the top of the Leopard sub-forum. Go as big as you can as far as size for the enclosure. You can also read through the enclosure section of the forum for lots of good ideas for your indoor enclosure. It needs to be humid, so you need an enclosure with a top that will prevent the air from escaping. What kind of light do you have and how do you plan to heat the enclosure at night?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

ToniMc

Welcome to the forum. Read the care sheets in the pinned section at the top of the Leopard sub-forum. Go as big as you can as far as size for the enclosure. You can also read through the enclosure section of the forum for lots of good ideas for your indoor enclosure. It needs to be humid, so you need an enclosure with a top that will prevent the air from escaping. What kind of light do you have and how do you plan to heat the enclosure at night?
Hi there

I was recommended to get him a tortoise table so it is open top ? Is he better with a viv ?
Also has a Arvadia uv light heat lamp x

ToniMc

Thanks had a look over them and what ive got is not going to be suitable it's a tortoise table
He is not a baby Tho est to be about 7-10
I don't have him yet to share photo but this is one from rescue centre
Can u advise me what to make for him just at night ? Am I right in thinking above kind of 10-12 degrees mark he can be outside through day ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 14

David Harmon

5 Year Member
Liverpool
I heat the vivarium with a CHE and uvb 42 arcadia 10%+ and the humidity is 71%

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks had a look over them and what ive got is not going to be suitable it's a tortoise table
He is not a baby Tho est to be about 7-10
I don't have him yet to share photo but this is one from rescue centre
Can u advise me what to make for him just at night ? Am I right in thinking above kind of 10-12 degrees mark he can be outside through day ?

I would not put a leopard tortoise outside in 10 degree weather, especially not with the dampness typical of UK weather. Where you are, I'd wait for 23+ and sunny.

Since it will be inside most of the time, you will need to custom build a very large indoor enclosure.

This is not the easiest species to keep in the UK, but it can be done.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's quite abig tort and it's going to get bigger. It needs lots of space. It is nkt going to last much longer in an indoor tortoise table.

In the longer term, ou are going to need a shed or similar outdoors that you can insulate and heat to provide accommodation for a Leopard tort year round. It cannot and must not hibernate.

Are yoj sure that this species is the best get? In our climate, Testudo (Greeks, Russians, Hermann's) are much more able to tolerate the conditions