Aggravated

THEELEG

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, TX
So this pass Monday was my birthday, almost the complete destruction of spring tx (near Houston where I live) and my youngest sulcata passed away. Did everything the same as my older one humidity, temps, eating, outside, soaking, and calcium, multi vitamins. We had her for right at a month, she was doing fine then one night eating dinner she wasn't herself and went down hill from there and she passed. I understand it happens and it wouldn't sting so bad if the breeder we bought her from would email my wife and I back. When we first got her, her shell was a little flexible and I called him and he said I wouldn't of sent her if I wasn't confident with her and put her in natural sunlight as much as possible. Well it's Friday now and we still haven't heard from, just pisses me off how damn unprofessional he is being about this situation. Sry for the rant just wanted to get this off my chest

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You have had a dreadful week and have my deepest sympathies.

With regard to your tort, it may be nobody's fault that he didn't make it. Sometimes it's just what happens.

I understand your problem with the breeder, but there is a possibility that he/she too is affected by the weather or is simply on vacation.

I hope things improve for you.

THEELEG

Houston, TX
You have had a dreadful week and have my deepest sympathies.

With regard to your tort, it may be nobody's fault that he didn't make it. Sometimes it's just what happens.

I understand your problem with the breeder, but there is a possibility that he/she too is affected by the weather or is simply on vacation.

I hope things improve for you.
Thank you, but he wrote us back when it started and we emailed him again telling him she passed and nothing. Another reason we would like some response is that we bought two sulcata and just received a cherryhead from him. Just being very unprofessional that's what's grinding my gears

Tortoisefanatic88

5 Year Member
PA
Sorry for your loss:(. It looks like it might be time to look into another breeder if you want another tortoise.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you, but he wrote us back when it started and we emailed him again telling him she passed and nothing. Another reason we would like some response is that we bought two sulcata and just received a cherryhead from him. Just being very unprofessional that's what's grinding my gears
I see. Not good. This is clearly one of the cowboys:(

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'm sorry to hear about that. I know how hard you two have worked on making your enclosures correct.
Babies are so much more delicate than adults. Especially babies that maybe didn't get a good start.
The soft shell makes me think that it probably arrived dying.
But I'm not a breeder and I don't know as much as they should.

THEELEG

Houston, TX
I'm sorry to hear about that. I know how hard you two have worked on making your enclosures correct.
Babies are so much more delicate than adults. Especially babies that maybe didn't get a good start.
The soft shell makes me think that it probably arrived dying.
But I'm not a breeder and I don't know as much as they should.
I also would thank you a bunch for all the help and even your personal email if I had any questions, you've really gone out your way with answering all my question with no hesitation. Thank you.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
My sympathies to you and family. Losing a pet is very hard, especially young baby animal. We all expect them to live, grow and do what all babies do: eat, poop, sleep and get into mischief once they reach toddlerhood... I think I'd give the breeder a benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's had some emergency and simply can not answer. I know how aggravating it is when you feel like being blown off, but try to take a deep breath, pray or meditate about it and let it go. Don't let your frustration cloud your mind and heart. Things tend to work out in our favor when we are able to do that