Albert

Berte N

Hi everyone, my girlfriends tortoise has been sleeping for a while now but will move his legs and head but never walk around. He also has not eaten! We're starting to get concerned about him and was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice?

Cheers, Bertie

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paris, Texas
Hi Bertie and welcome!

What kind of tortoise is he and how old? What kind of enclosure to do you have him in? Do you have any pictures you could upload? That would help a lot..tortoises tend to shut down when they become too cold..

Berte N

Hi Bertie and welcome!

What kind of tortoise is he and how old? What kind of enclosure to do you have him in? Do you have any pictures you could upload? That would help a lot..tortoises tend to shut down when they become too cold..
Hi Stuart thanks for replying he's a horsefield and 3 years old, we keep him in a table enclosure I think it's called? A wooden one with a 100w lamp. Tried attaching photo not sure if it worked!

Thanks, Bert

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hello and welcome! You have come to the right place to get help.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
I don't see one but that's okay, it takes a little while to find your way around ;) What are his temps kept at during the day and at night? Do you guys have a good UV light as well?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome!

It would be a good idea for you to look for your tortoise's species here on the Forum and start a thread there with your question. More people would see it and you'd get more answers. For example, if the tortoise is a Hermanns, you would find that section and start your thread there.

Berte N

Hi, and welcome!

It would be a good idea for you to look for your tortoise's species here on the Forum and start a thread there with your question. More people would see it and you'd get more answers. For example, if the tortoise is a Hermanns, you would find that section and start your thread there.
Ok thanks! Will see if I can find anything! Thanks for help!