ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

jkingler

5 Year Member
Think they would take offense at being compared to so-called 'Smart'cars? :p

P.S. These guys are just way too cool for me, with their fancy cameras and their cool shells and well manicured nails...:p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
mbtopv.jpg

jai008.jpg

20f6dfr.jpg

v5idzp.jpg

beitjk.jpg

211qfzp.jpg

2uj2o3l.jpg

xn5eo4.jpg

nps7bq.jpg

288v50x.jpg

10z391t.jpg

mm3aza.jpg

4r87y9.jpg

15pnwoo.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
jkingler said:
Think they would take offense at being compared to so-called 'Smart'cars? :p

P.S. These guys are just way too cool for me, with their fancy cameras and their cool shells and well manicured nails...:p

:)

wellington said:
LOL:D:D:D Good thing she didn't decide to lay down, crunch:p

I know, we have four cameras..that was not a cheap one, lol!

DanaLachney said:
How big does an adult Aldabra get?

Males can get over 600 pounds, females can get over 300 pounds. I have seen very few females over 250 pounds. I have seen two females in person that looked very large and should be over 300 pounds. The challenge is getting a true weight on then, they are so big and unless you have the resources of the proper scales, almost impossible! When we purchased our tortoises the zoo keeper related the weights of two of our males, however that was many years ago. Our smallest female is about 120 pounds and our largest female is for sure over 200 pounds. Two of our hatchlings from 2001 that are local and at one of my customers place both are well over 100 pounds. One is female and one is male. I have seen a 40 year old captive raised male that was just over 600 pounds.

Zamric said:
they don't make portable scales large enough to find out..... we just say REAL BIG!

:D

Jerry7777

5 Year Member
OKLAHOMA
I love all of your pics Greg and look at them daily. I can't wait til my little girl gets that big! I will hopefully be looking for a male next year. Do you incubate for males and females by temp sexing?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jerry7777 said:
I love all of your pics Greg and look at them daily. I can't wait til my little girl gets that big! I will hopefully be looking for a male next year. Do you incubate for males and females by temp sexing?

:tort: Thank you, I play it safe and incubate all but our last clutch at 86f.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
Stop making everyone wanna go out and get an Aldabra :p just playing :D ...but seriously :D