ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Wanda

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South east UK
If I had land I would just love to keep some of the larger breeds. In fact my husband got me a surprise birthday pressie of two babies not realising they were sulcatas. I would have loved to have kept them but just didnt have the room for an ideal set up when they grew and I couldn't bear to part with them after I got attached. So he had to return my pressie and get me something else.

He many do you have?

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Oh. My. Goodness. So so beautiful. Love him just looking around like "hey, you little creatures on the other side, come talk to me!" Lol. ;)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
So glad Hopie does okay. One of my rescue kitties was hit by a car as a baby and broke lots of bones in his back half. He's all healed now and leads a pretty normal life (slight waddle)...but the nerve damage causes blockages with him too. Lactulose works wonders. The first major blockage of his was 24 inches and took 42 enemas, 3 hospitalizations, 6 attempts at manual removal, and about 1.5 weeks to fix. Poop issues are NO fun!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I like your new avatar picture. Is that Hopie?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Thought i would share a picture from today, soaking and current weights. These two are about four months old and are both from the same clutch. One is 4.5" and the other is 4.75" and both are about .8 pounds. These two are getting ready for transport to Hollywood, Ca. tomorrow. Wish i could disclose the name of the new owner, his agent firmly said no, lol!

IMG_4762.JPG

I like your new avatar picture. Is that Hopie?

* Thank you, that is our Sandy, our number one producing female!

DSCN8978.JPG

This little guy is almost five months old, he is about 4.25 " and .85 pounds. He is also leaving tomorrow and going to Alabama.

IMG_4770.JPG

This is one of our biggest ones from this year, he is six months old, 6.75" and 1.7 pounds! For sure a young male based on observations and his actions!

IMG_4772.JPG

Here are three six month old's getting a soaking tonight!

IMG_4797.JPG

This is just a cute picture of Cowboy peeking over the wooden fence at me as i was taking pictures of Homer earlier today!

IMG_4748.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is a great pic of Cowboy, just way too cute. I like the hint of the new Hollywood owner. Hmmm, which star could it be, hmmm. Will have to keep an eye out for the "People" magazine to spill the beans:D

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Greg! I've been out of it lately. I learned that I would have to be on oxygen 24/7. At first they thought it was COPD, it now it looks like it's heart related. Anyway, enough about me. How's my baby Hopie? I missed getting online to check your posts.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hi Greg! I've been out of it lately. I learned that I would have to be on oxygen 24/7. At first they thought it was COPD, it now it looks like it's heart related. Anyway, enough about me. How's my baby Hopie? I missed getting online to check your posts.

* Hopie is doing fine, seems happy these days!

IMG_3114.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How come I never tired of your post?

May I have your permission to post some of your photos onto one of the Tortoise forum which I'm also a member of in China?

I will for sure to state those photo are from the ALDABRAMAN and link to your website?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
May I have your permission to post some of your photos onto one of the Tortoise forum which I'm also a member of in China?

I will for sure to state those photo are from the ALDABRAMAN and link to your website?

* Absolutely, make the link to TFO!

IMG_3014.JPG