ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Shakudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Netherlands
They are so very impressive and beautiful, remind me of smaller Galapagos tortoises.
This species is native to an Island archipelago as well?

Joey

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I hate to disagree with you guys, but I applied for intern long before any of you.

Kim444

5 Year Member
How do you know or keep track if the males are over mating with the females? I have heard of males mating females too much, how do you know they do not do that?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
How do you know or keep track if the males are over mating with the females?

* We have never had any issues, my best guess is to maintain a healthy balance of male to female ratios with ample space for avoidance if needed.

* Here are three of our best productive males! (Alfa, Cowboy, & Homer)

IMG_1084.JPG

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
Like all of y'all are wrong because Greg is my Home for life. Solo... Idk what all this talk about is about.. Like Im clearly first choice... But I'll send you all some pics....

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
l
Obviously, I get dibs before both of you. :p

Hey, I asked first a year ago. In fact, I offered to be the water boy! Haha Oops, David is right...he beats us all.
Greg, love Sky...and I love her character. I wouldn't.mess with her...LOL

Last edited:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
* This is an old picture taken several years ago, however it truly depicts who character. She is our most friendliest females, acts more like a male!

View attachment 87438
That's. A great pic of her and your nephew. Love that female! I posted a comment asking a question, but it didn't show. So let me try again. Are females more aggressive than males, or are they just shy and not interactive?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I posted a comment asking a question, but it didn't show. So let me try again. Are females more aggressive than males, or are they just shy and not interactive?

* Females are generally shy, reclusive, and very standoffish. Males trend to be friendly, outgoing, and no reservations with humans!

DSCN6003.JPG