ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

image.jpg I was looking on the internet for aldabra tortoises out of interest and came across this. I may be completely wrong but I believe these are your guys! Just wanted to let you know. Take careimage.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Well, those that follow this thread have seen several random pictures of Homer climbing up on our inner wooded fence. This is getting to be a routine and daily occurrence. Tomorrow i have decided to start adding additional layers in order to prevent him form leveraging himself up. Today he actually almost pushed over the entire wall and damaged several mature palms. The issues is truly not him eating the cactus or damaging any bushes, after watching him i feel that it is very possible that he may possibly injure himself when getting back down from the wall.

IMG_4655.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It is so amazing to see a such big torts can get himself up there and causing some damage to the fence and himself.

Who say having a tortoise as a pet are easy??

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
It is so amazing to see a such big torts can get himself up there and causing some damage to the fence and himself.

Who say having a tortoise as a pet are easy??

* This picture is from today before the fence started to cave backwards. His weight and constant pushing actually snapped the 4x4x8 support pole.

IMG_5254.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
OMG! ! ! ! !

He is just about to hop over...........I don't know if you can describing aldabre agile. If this is not.......what it is????

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, those that follow this thread have seen several random pictures of Homer climbing up on our inner wooded fence. This is getting to be a routine and daily occurrence. Tomorrow i have decided to start adding additional layers in order to prevent him form leveraging himself up. Today he actually almost pushed over the entire wall and damaged several mature palms. The issues is truly not him eating the cactus or damaging any bushes, after watching him i feel that it is very possible that he may possibly injure himself when getting back down from the wall.

View attachment 87683

Man, that's a heavy hurting if he fell! Worse yet, if he fell on a female nearby. Yeah, Greg, you need to stop this behavior. Do you think a higher wall will deter Homer? Are others like Cowboy looking on and thinking they can try that?