ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
One of my long time buddies from college days stopped by today and found me working with the tortoises. For the first time he heard mating sounds, needless to say what his facial expression implied! Anyway, I told him to grab my camera that is always hanging on the fence and just start taking as many shots as you possible can. He took over one hundred, this was basically the best one!

IMG_5447.JPG

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Just amazing! :<3::tort::<3:

I love the bed of lettuce they're laying on :D

* When it dries up, it just becomes bedding. This way there is no way of them eating anything not a food source. This picture you can see the older brown stuff way in the back where they sleep and hide. Back in the day we noticed that the hatchlings would pick and eat anything in sight, therefore we now went this route and never have any blockage or constipation issues. We usually use lettuces, cactus, grasses, weeds, and leaves!

IMG_4001.JPG

Last edited:

TortoiseDVM

5 Year Member
Florida
Is this a clutch of Sandy's? It's hard to tell, but it looks as though a couple hatchlings are of the unusual variety that lack a nuchal scute... very awesome :)

TortoiseDVM

5 Year Member
Florida
Alfa, Cowboy, and Homer
Sampson
Thank you for the roll call! And yes I remember... keeping track as I'm secretly planning to build a herd with at least one from every one of your girls :D Is Homer lacking a nuchal scute or is it the angle?