ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

PEEEETE

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vacaville, CA
Orko said:
JeffG said:
:( I hope the little one is ok. why were they fighting?

Everything is ok beside a little pain whe she try to be seated ;);)

Keep up the pictures! It's as close as most of us will ever get to being able to take care of one of these beautiful Aldabras ourselves.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I want one so bad! I wish that they weren't so expensive, but I'm sure the cost is well worth it.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
MISC. PICTURES TAKEN TODAY (S/09-04-2011).

9014dc.jpg

1zdalw2.jpg

346qsl4.jpg

zvbqxy.jpg

iy0o7r.jpg

5vrrmc.jpg

fvjoyx.jpg

53ssh4.jpg

2nu0o08.jpg

24feir4.jpg

2zjdgmg.jpg

rcob3t.jpg

dpcpcx.jpg

15g9l4p.jpg

npp9bs.jpg

2udxs8x.jpg

2jeqlhw.jpg

2gvskco.jpg

TonkaLuv

5 Year Member
Virginia
Hi Greg, All these pictures are amazing! The babies are unbelievably cute! Those faces and eyes!

I was just curious....being that these guys are so large, do they require a permit to own them? Are they only "allowed" in certain states? I live in VA so the winters here would not be good for them. But, I was just curious about them. I would love to be able to interact with some of these gorgeous beasts one day! :):):)

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN
Yup...... I still want one!!! They are amazing. You've probably answered this before but, how large is the biggest one and how old?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
TonkaLuv said:
Hi Greg, All these pictures are amazing! The babies are unbelievably cute! Those faces and eyes!

I was just curious....being that these guys are so large, do they require a permit to own them? Are they only "allowed" in certain states? I live in VA so the winters here would not be good for them. But, I was just curious about them. I would love to be able to interact with some of these gorgeous beasts one day! :):):)

:tort: No permits are needed for this species. Intereaction with such large tortoises are such a blessing, we love them so much. The males are like big gentle creatures from the past, just calm and gentle. Most of our aldabras really love human contact, scratching, hand feeding, and of course showers for cooling them down.

dbsneed69 said:
Yup...... I still want one!!! They are amazing. You've probably answered this before but, how large is the biggest one and how old?

:tort: We have two males over 600 pounds, unsure of the exact amount. All of our adults/breeders we believe to be over 100 years old, no records to determine exact age.

dbsneed69

5 Year Member
TN

dbsneed69 said:

:tort: We have two males over 600 pounds, unsure of the exact amount. All of our adults/breeders we believe to be over 100 years old, no records to determine exact age.

That is amazing!! There's one lonely aldabra at the zoo here in Memphis. Poor thing doesn't look nearly as good as any you have.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
20zqlbb.jpg

29zy2rb.jpg

dbsneed69 said:

dbsneed69 said:

That is amazing!! There's one lonely aldabra at the zoo here in Memphis. Poor thing doesn't look nearly as good as any you have.

:tort: The guys at Life Fellowship told us many years ago, if aldabras are happy, they will produce. Well, ours must be very happy! ;)

Faery

5 Year Member
Alaska
so happy to have stumbled across this thread... these guys (and gals) are simply amazing!! I love how they appear to almost cuddle with the keeper in a few of the pictures, simply awe-inspiring! Congrats on having such a unique family!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Taking a break from this forum, be back some day, Greg/ALDABRAMAN.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
ALDABRAMAN said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( I need my fix of aldabra pics!!!

FranklinTturtle

5 Year Member
Myrtle Beach SC
Please don't retire this thread yet. I have some questions. Do they have a mating season? Or do they mate at any time? Do they share the 2 shed's that I see in the pictures on a nightly basis? and last but not least do you worry about any predators?
A Big fan

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
ALDABRAMAN said:

Take care, sir. Your stewardship is part of what inspired me to be a current Aldabra owner.