ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Kittivan

Location (City and/or State)
Chicago
~ Several times a week i will pick a few five gallon buckets full and simply throw the out into the field for our breeding population. This video is Sampson finding one and eating it.

You get some crazy amazing angles on some of these videos LOL.

We can readily get pads anytime and ours (4 and 1 yr olds) love them. I feel like given the oppourtunity they would keep eating them so I sort of just give it to them for a treat here and there but only after their serving of grass/hay/weeds. I know they are a great source for calcium and hydration I’m just worried about giving them too much.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
A high percentage (the bulk) of our adult populations diet consist of grass, weeks, hay and cactus.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
We can readily get pads anytime and ours (4 and 1 yr olds) love them. I feel like given the oppourtunity they would keep eating them so I sort of just give it to them for a treat here and there but only after their serving of grass/hay/weeds. I know they are a great source for calcium and hydration I’m just worried about giving them too much.

~ Your four year old has had cactus from a hatchling, she loves it and has always had access to it. We would always have a few pads spread out over the grass so they could pick and eat them as desired. You will notice that at times they prefer grass, weeds, etc. and just don't want any cactus. We would always have them available, they determined and ate them as needed or wanted.
IMG_3031.JPG