ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I agree too. I love seeing your pictures. That poor female looks like she's saying....oh well, let's just get this over with. He is a BIG brute! LOL

OperaticAddict

5 Year Member
Clermont, FL
ALDABRAMAN said:
2najzg5.jpg

f1zm2w.jpg

2m4r6gk.jpg

vg0n7n.jpg

2nbhd92.jpg

2lmp5kg.jpg

WOW! These Pictures are amazing!!!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Looking at all of your wonderful torts makes me really want an aldabra. I dont know what it is about them but I just love how they look. They look amazing!

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
Ok Greg, I love these guys! Their faces are so cute! I say it everytime i see a pic of yours. question, why are they so costly? are they hard to breed or not able to be imported anymore? im just curious ;)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
FranklinAndTara said:
Ok Greg, I love these guys! Their faces are so cute! I say it everytime i see a pic of yours. question, why are they so costly? are they hard to breed or not able to be imported anymore? im just curious ;)

:tort: I would say supply and demand. Not many breeders in the US, many are still imported. I will say that we sell out every year with no trouble, in fact we have a waiting list already for next year. We offer them at 30 days old at 2.5 to 3 inches. Our prices vary, depending on our volume and number of customers.

kexkk9.jpg

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
ALDABRAMAN said:
FranklinAndTara said:

:tort: I would say supply and demand. Not many breeders in the US, many are still imported. I will say that we sell out every year with no trouble, in fact we have a waiting list already for next year. We offer them at 30 days old at 2.5 to 3 inches. Our prices vary, depending on our volume and number of customers.

kexkk9.jpg

I am amazed by them! Gimme about 3 years and i'll get on the list. theyre so prehistoric... little backyard dinos!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
ALDABRAMAN said:

That plus the fact that its hard to get fertile eggs and when they DO lay, there aren't that many eggs in a clutch.

We are very honored to have Greg here on the forum with us.

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
im always so excited when i see a post from ALDABRAMAN! I have to go right to it.. i dunno what it is that so interesting about them, it think its their sweet faces ...Im going to have to go and learn more about them. I enjoy all of your pictures as always! thanx for the info guys!!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
emysemys said:
ALDABRAMAN said:

That plus the fact that its hard to get fertile eggs and when they DO lay, there aren't that many eggs in a clutch.

We are very honored to have Greg here on the forum with us.

Thank you, and correct about the fertility. We have gotten over 180 eggs a year and only about 30% are fertile.

Mallykc

5 Year Member
These animals are amazing! I want one sooo badly! Love the pictures!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
wow only 30%, is that consistent over the years or do some years go higher and lower?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmmj said:
wow only 30%, is that consistent over the years or do some years go higher and lower?

:tort: No, every year is different. We have had great years and not so great years. Overall between 30% and 40% is a good estimate of overall fertility over all the years we have been having fertility. We have had clutches with 0% fertility and clutches with 100% fertility. Probably the same as any other breeder with other tortoise species. Alot of variables.

29ehkqa.jpg

nwikvt.jpg

xm7fqu.jpg

wmwyv.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Pictures taken today. (8-8-2011)

3507zuh.jpg

dfj8l1.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/30ue5id.jpg[img]
[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/xanjg1.jpg
2607a4w.jpg

2iad6c5.jpg

161jhiv.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have often wondered how the females feel in that situation.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
I love seeing the pics of your herd! Someday I shall have one!