Aldabran Mud Wallow

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I took these pictures last night. We've been having a bit of rain, and no sun for the past three days or so. It's not really cold, but then I'm not cold blooded. Seems with no sun it WOULD be cold for the tortoises. It was around 65F or so last night at picture taking time.

mud waller a.jpg mud waller b.jpg

That fence used to fence the yard in half, but part of it was removed as the tortoises grew. I left that section as a sight barrier. The bottom board USED to sit right down on the ground. The tortoises have worked the 4x4's up out of the ground - they were pretty rotten anyway. Take a look at that end post in the second picture. The part that used to be in the ground is only a couple inches in diameter now. It looks like he's saying, "Peek a boo!" in that second picture. Or, "Who, ME???"

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I took these pictures last night. We've been having a bit of rain, and no sun for the past three days or so. It's not really cold, but then I'm not cold blooded. Seems with no sun it WOULD be cold for the tortoises. It was around 65F or so last night at picture taking time.

View attachment 172721 View attachment 172722

That fence used to fence the yard in half, but part of it was removed as the tortoises grew. I left that section as a sight barrier. The bottom board USED to sit right down on the ground. The tortoises have worked the 4x4's up out of the ground - they were pretty rotten anyway. Take a look at that end post in the second picture. The part that used to be in the ground is only a couple inches in diameter now. It looks like he's saying, "Peek a boo!" in that second picture. Or, "Who, ME???"
Crazy little dudes...! ;D