Almost done with the enclosure

Dov

Location (City and/or State)
Ballaghadreen
Almost done. Just got the exo terra light unit this morning and set it up. All i need now is alot of orchid bark for the top layer. Also going to get more spider plants and some flat rocks for the basking spot.

Attachments

• 20220105_130427.jpg
    20220105_130427.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 31

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What size is it? The tort looks adult size. Adult russians need a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure. If he has another enclosure outside for warm weather you can get away with a little smaller winter enclosure like a 3x6.
The water bowl/white bowl is too small. The tort needs to fit in the bowl and it should be level with the substrate.
The plants your getting will help your tort feel more comfy and make it look nicer.
Good job on building it.

Dov

Ballaghadreen
What size is it? The tort looks adult size. Adult russians need a minimum of a 4x8 foot enclosure. If he has another enclosure outside for warm weather you can get away with a little smaller winter enclosure like a 3x6.
The water bowl/white bowl is too small. The tort needs to fit in the bowl and it should be level with the substrate.
The plants your getting will help your tort feel more comfy and make it look nicer.
Good job on building it.
She's only 3 and still got a good bit left to grow, the enclosure is about 4x4 foot and outside is not possible here where I live(she gets only a few weeks outside during the summer when it's really warm). I soak her everyday for 30min to make sure she's hydrated, do i still need a bigger bowl?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She's only 3 and still got a good bit left to grow, the enclosure is about 4x4 foot and outside is not possible here where I live(she gets only a few weeks outside during the summer when it's really warm). I soak her everyday for 30min to make sure she's hydrated, do i still need a bigger bowl?
He/She looks big for being 3.
If she can't fit in the bowl then yes it needs to be bigger.