Almost done… enclosure

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Thanks. Honestly you are the most helpful person ever and im so grateful for your assistance. I wouldnt have anything done right. Im assuming just a little bit of water *in the corners* once a week? About like a tbsp? Or less? Atleast to start..
This is just a guess, but start with 4 tablespoon fulls in each corner

America
I'm glad to hear that. What size is it? Pictures can be deceiving
I'm glad to hear that. What size is it? Pictures can be deceiving.
I could be incorrect but i believe it is a okay size. It is much larger than her previous 2 enclosures and gives quite a bit of walking space but its just narrow. I can get the measurements tommorow though? Its about my arms length long, and somewhat wide. I dont have a way to get any bigger enclosure anytime soon but i think this one is okay.. sorry to bother you but @ZEROPILOT could you look at it and tell me what you think?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I could be incorrect but i believe it is a okay size. It is much larger than her previous 2 enclosures and gives quite a bit of walking space but its just narrow. I can get the measurements tommorow though? Its about my arms length long, and somewhat wide. I dont have a way to get any bigger enclosure anytime soon but i think this one is okay.. sorry to bother you but @ZEROPILOT could you look at it and tell me what you think?
It's very small. But adequate for the time being.
That won't be the case for very long

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
As the tortoise will grow or what do you mean? I notice a growth ring.. what size enclosure should i look into? Is there a certain brand or type?
No
But some folks use custom enclosures in a mini greenhouse.
He'll need something like an 8x8' enclosure as an adult at a very minimum.
As far as that goes....I'd have to suggest you start searching other posts. My Redfoot all live outdoors. And my enclosure was about 600 square feet. Though it's currently now 260 square feet because I only have one adult.
But that's the size of a small bedroom.
The adult size must be considered. And an outdoors enclosure at least part of the year is almost mandatory.
My experience in keeping anything but babies indoors is just about zero.

America
No
But some folks use custom enclosures in a mini greenhouse.
He'll need something like an 8x8' enclosure as an adult at a very minimum.
As far as that goes....I'd have to suggest you start searching other posts. My Redfoot all live outdoors. And my enclosure was about 600 square feet. Though it's currently now 260 square feet because I only have one adult.
But that's the size of a small bedroom.
The adult size must be considered. And an outdoors enclosure at least part of the year is almost mandatory.
I cant house my redfoot outdoors sadly, but im assuming the switch to the 8x8 enclosure would help?
It would be impossible for my to house her outside. Shes about the size of my hand, so im a bit confused

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I cant house my redfoot outdoors sadly, but im assuming the switch to the 8x8 enclosure would help?
It would be impossible for my to house her outside. Shes about the size of my hand, so im a bit confused
I'm referring to the future.
You have at least 6 years before he's nearly fully grown.
My point was that he'll soon outgrow that fish tank.
Less than a year. I'd guess.

America
I'm referring to the future.
You have at least 6 years before he's nearly fully grown.
My point was that he'll soon outgrow that fish tank.
Less than a year. I'd guess.
Ohhh! Sorry i was confused, i thought you meant as in she wouldnt grow. Shes around 15-12 years old the people i rescued her from didint know. It was a tortoise tank actually and im assuming it was not the best purchase lol would she still grow although shes this old? Shes way under size i believe, but she just recently has been getting a growth ring and shes never had one before according to her previous keepers.

Gijoux

5 Year Member
Southern California
Ohhh! Sorry i was confused, i thought you meant as in she wouldnt grow. Shes around 15-12 years old the people i rescued her from didint know. It was a tortoise tank actually and im assuming it was not the best purchase lol would she still grow although shes this old? Shes way under size i believe, but she just recently has been getting a growth ring and shes never had one before according to her previous keepers.
It's probably time to get the 8 x 8 enclosure.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clearly there are giant holes in what I thought I knew about your tortoise.
He's the size of a 1 or a 1.5 year old from what I see in your photo.

America
Clearly there are giant holes in what I thought I knew about your tortoise.
He's the size of a 1 or a 1.5 year old from what I see in your photo.
He came from a really bad home, i think shes done growing.. she had a growth ring though? Do i still need a larger enclosure or anything? Basically WHAT can i do to get her healthy again? She came to me pyramiding, malnourished, and without the right lights whatsoever a completely open enclosure with zero humidity and was fed one a week like 1 strawberry.