Almost impossible to purchase a freaking tortoise!!!

pacific chelonians

Location (City and/or State)
SanDiego California
If you’re still looking for some Redford tortoises I have a few captive bred adults that I have raised myself that I’m looking two clear up some more space for my Aldabra if you’re interested shoot me an email I also ship I have been doing this for quite a while now
[email protected]

RedFootDan

Metairie,LA
@RedFootDan Those are great pictures and what a nice environment you’ve created in the vivarium! The frog is so beautiful that it almost doesn’t look real! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Krista! Vivariums are so neat and creating a completely living breathing environment inside a terrarium is a definite treat for anyone who appreciates nature. What torts do you keep?

RedFootDan

Metairie,LA
If you’re still looking for some Redford tortoises I have a few captive bred adults that I have raised myself that I’m looking two clear up some more space for my Aldabra if you’re interested shoot me an email I also ship I have been doing this for quite a while now
[email protected]
Thanks for reaching out. I’ll shoot you an email shortly. Excited for you to be keeping some Aldabra. My local zoo has quite a few and I’ve enjoyed hand feeding them a few times.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Thanks Krista! Vivariums are so neat and creating a completely living breathing environment inside a terrarium is a definite treat for anyone who appreciates nature. What torts do you keep?
You should start a thread in the “everything else” section of the forum to show more of your work. I’m sure others would love to see it too. I have a Hermann’s tortoise who will be 2 years old in May. His name is Dozer and I’ve had him since he was 3 months old. He’s brought so much joy to my life and the journey of learning about him and all his little quirks has been incredible. I hope you find the right tortoise for your family soon.

Chip's mom

Philadelphia
Can someone please point me in the right direction to a competent person to purchase a redfoot or cherry head tortoise hatchling/yearling or possible group?
I’ve tried contacting multiple RECOMMENDED businesses and personal ads from Fauna/Kingsnake and people either are non responsive, don’t ship, etc...

I’ve been keeping dendrobates (poison dart frogs) for over 15 years. My daughter wants a tortoise and I’m desperately trying to help her acquire one, but I’m truly getting discouraged. Tell me this is just a rare experience we are going through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We had an
Can someone please point me in the right direction to a competent person to purchase a redfoot or cherry head tortoise hatchling/yearling or possible group?
I’ve tried contacting multiple RECOMMENDED businesses and personal ads from Fauna/Kingsnake and people either are non responsive, don’t ship, etc...

I’ve been keeping dendrobates (poison dart frogs) for over 15 years. My daughter wants a tortoise and I’m desperately trying to help her acquire one, but I’m truly getting discouraged. Tell me this is just a rare experience we are going through. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We recently ordered a female box turtle from Tortoise Town and received a badly pyramided male Hermann's Tortoise. They wouldn't refund the turtle food I'd purchased and said they feed them the same as tortoises (!!). It sounds like that is not uncommon or the worst from them.

In contrast a client has had a great experience with Randy at Tort Stork. And I have been purchasing supplies from these folks who seem to be very knowledgeable and caring breeders:
Tyler Stewart
Las Vegas NV
www.TortoiseSupply.com

S2G

AL
Clearly

Being snappy and telling me “Incase I didn’t notice, we’re in a pandemic.”

Accusing me of looking for instant gratification, etc...

It’s all good. Just as expected, there’s some in every hobby I guess.... if I’m unsure of someone’s experience I ask questions or engage with them. I definitely don’t accuse or come off as condescending towards them. Here’s one of my “expert vivariums” and some red head histrionica. Enjoy!

Those are my favorites, but I just couldn't spend the $$ on them. I use to keep & breed some of the somewhat more common species. Terribs, tincs, etc but sold everything when I moved so I could setup a big saltwater tank.

I was originally going to get a redfoot from southern reptiles myself. I ended up getting a sub adult hermanns for free though. I would skip the hatchling phase & drop the dough on a sub adult.

People dont seem to do false bottoms, but I was thinking about doing my indoor enclosure like a giant vivarium.

Southernreptiles

5 Year Member
Boca Raton
You’re are correct, I am in the middle of moving my family (wife and 1 year old son) which is a daunting task in itself, along with roughly 200-250 tortoises and all of their indoor/outdoor enclosures. You’re really gonna bring up a complaint about me cause you had to email and text me to get a response? I’m a solo private breeder.. I don’t have a a phone room of people sitting answering phones for me. I’m outside, taking care of my animals or inside spending time with my family. Sorry I didn’t meet your communication standards, but I do my best.

I’m sure he’s a good guy and all but I’ve had communication issues when it comes to inquiring about animals with him. Could have been because he was moving during that time
(just a guess). I requested more information/ pics about two different animals and about a week apart. Had to email and text him to get a response.

SSilverback32

TAVARES
Our experience with Southern Reptiles has been nothing but great! Super happy with our new Cherries and all their support!