Aluminum foil over tank enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy

5 Year Member
Miracles tank is mostly covered by heavy duty aluminum foil except for about 4-5 inches of space on the cool side of the tank. My concern is that sometimes the humidity gets in the low 60's, the warm humid house stays pretty humid, and this is where she usually sleeps. Most of the time the tank stays around 70-75% humidity but I was concerned if I should seal the whole tank with the foil? Also thinking about getting a large sponge, wetting it and keeping it on top of the hiddy house to help the humidity. Since we live in Wichita Falls Tx. and it's already getting very hot (90's), I'm not sure if I should put a warm air humidifier close by. She's doing great and her shell is fantastic, just wanted it to stay that way. Today is the two week anniversary of getting her from the 4-5 day horrible stay at UPS, she is getting plenty of sun each day as well as a good 10-15 minute soak. Since it is so hot here in the day time I keep a spray bottle and mist her every so often to keep her from getting to dehydrated while exploring in the yard, she loves clovers it seems and once she is full on grass, weeds I let her romp around a little bit, soak and then her sleep.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I would not worry about it.

randy

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
What type of tort do you have and how old? It affects the answer :)

She is a sulcata tortoise, about 5 weeks old give or take.

Status
Not open for further replies.