Always remember

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The dog didn't look to thrilled about the intruder.
I hope your sully doesn't decide to come thru when the door is closed. You might want to get prepared to block him from breaking the glass.

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
The dog didn't look to thrilled about the intruder.
I hope your sully doesn't decide to come thru when the door is closed. You might want to get prepared to block him from breaking the glass.
Oh, she's been there, done that already, lol. I have cinder block lining the sliders, then reinforced dog guard sceening helps too. I had the entry cinder blocks moved aside because i was going in and out cleaning.
That was a $14K lesson learned. She only blew out one of the sliders, but the new one wouldnt have matched (plus much better quality) the other .. so I needed to replace the other one too ...then just threw up my hands and went for a complete window and slider replacement. As old as they were and as hot as it gets where I live, i feel she did me a favor by forcing me to get it over with.
Good to bring up tho ... its probably not a matter of "if", but "when" it happens. Cinder blocks are a necessity of sully ownership. I have them everywhere, above and under ground. ☺️

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh, she's been there, done that already, lol. I have cinder block lining the sliders, then reinforced dog guard sceening helps too. I had the entry cinder blocks moved aside because i was going in and out cleaning.
That was a $14K lesson learned. She only blew out one of the sliders, but the new one wouldnt have matched (plus much better quality) the other .. so I needed to replace the other one too ...then just threw up my hands and went for a complete window and slider replacement. As old as they were and as hot as it gets where I live, i feel she did me a favor by forcing me to get it over with.
Good to bring up tho ... its probably not a matter of "if", but "when" it happens. Cinder blocks are a necessity of sully ownership. I have them everywhere, above and under ground. ☺️
lol they really do own us don’t they, it’s not the other way round😂🐢💚

Wirewehear

10 Year Member!
So. Cal desert
lol they really do own us don’t they, it’s not the other way round😂🐢💚
Sure do .. i also replaced wood fencing after one broke thru a wood gate and took a walk around the 'hood. I had all rod iron put in and had gates installed that swing in so if one is not quite latched they will push it shut instead of open. We have to constantly think of ways to out-smart them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sure do .. i also replaced wood fencing after one broke thru a wood gate and took a walk around the 'hood. I had all rod iron put in and had gates installed that swing in so if one is not quite latched they will push it shut instead of open. We have to constantly think of ways to out-smart them.
They like to keep us on our toes and guessing, what's the next thing they going to pull.