Redfoot tortoise enclosure question

pattib

Location (City and/or State)
Brookfield
I have a RedFoot tortoise in an animal plastics T25 PVC enclosure with sliding glass doors. I am hoping someone has experienced these types of enclosures but I will describe. It is 72"x30"x18" There is a front wall that frames out the enclosure and the sliding glass doors and track in front of it. The tortoise tends to get substrate and dirt between the front frame and the glass doors. There not much space there to clean this debris out. I want to convert the sliding glass to plexiglass swing open or swing up or down doors like a barrister book cabinet. I wrote to the company via their website but have not received a reply. Any ideas? I just tried to upload a photo and it will not let me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The enclosures like yours that work best have a bit of a lip on the inside to hold the substrate away from the doors. I have two Vision cages, which are very similar to yours, and I also have the substrate-in-the-track problem. Once a week I take a pencil and my vacuum cleaner and dig up the substrate in the tract with the pencil while following along with the vacuum cleaner hose.

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
You should get one of those mini shop vacs and designate it solely for tortoise work!