New indoor enclosure

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Still a work in progress for my Leo. Right now he is in a 4x2 enclosure I built but its time for a bigger one. At the moment I still need to stain and poly it. Also I'm getting some glass cut and installing 2 sliding doors on the front. Here's the work in progress it's 6x3 so it should fit him for quite some time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 329

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
image.jpgSilly me I forgot to add some pics of Chet. He weighed in at 405 grams today. That's 365 grams in only 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Looking forward to the update of your progress.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Thanks guys ill keep this updated as I make progress. I have 2 weeks to finish this before I get our new rottweiler puppy :) :) :) what does everyone use to hang lights on there's? Do they make a receptacle I can screw to the inside ? At the moment I have the dome lights and want something a little more appealing.

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
I am currently finishing up an indoor enclosure and came across this dilemma. I have not come up with the final solution, for me, but I have looked at wall mounted plant and bike hangers as a possibility.

Some examples:
31CaQzutTsL._SX425_.jpg

31T7yCKYnOL._SY300_.jpg

GD0096.jpg

624289_front500.jpg

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
They do make a receptacle or a socket you can attach to the wall/ roof and screw your heat sources into it. But then they aren't adjustable.
The plant hooks would work for hanging your domes and being able to adjust higher or lower.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
So here's a little update I finally finished last night. The hardest part was actually trying to find 3 bags of topsoil in the middle of winter. Every store I went to every bag was frozen stuck to each other. Any ways today I will put Chet in his new home when I get out of work and I can get some pics. In the mean time here are a few pics of our newest addition to the family. Rambo is a little over 8 wks old.image.jpg

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
image.jpgSo here are some pics of the final product. Still a work in progress but for the time being I'm done lol. Humidity and temps are doing good. Not dialed in yet but this is directly set up across from my wood stove so it will stay warm.Sorry it won't let me post more than 1 pic

image.jpgAnother pic

image.jpgAnd finally 1 more pic of Chet.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Nicely done........I like it.

Very nice.