Amber with the runny nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malaefic

5 Year Member
This is Amber
IMG_6426.jpg

He/She have been having runny nose for about a year. Saline drops, nebulization, anti-biotic jabs all don't work. I think she is just sensitive as the other 2 (Sheldon & Jasper) (which I keep separate from her) don't have it.

Anyway, I stopped getting concerned as she is eating well (extremely greedy) and putting on weight steadily and growing normally as well

Pic of her fat butt
IMG_6428.jpg

I should try take a vid of her walking because it's very funny how he/she thrust his/her butt high in the air while walking.

Anyway, since I brought the other 2 (Raj & Howard) I just adopted to the vet, I brought her for a check-up just in case.

Her lungs are very clear and besides the runny nose, she is in the pink of health so I guess she just have a sensitive nose or something. The vet isn't sure why it just won't go away.

Here are his/her X-rays. I thought you guys might be interested:

TopDown.jpg

SideView.jpg

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
IMO, as long as there are no visible health problems and she is eating/walking/behaving normally, she should be fine. She also has clear eyes and her Xray's look good, two other signs.

geekinpink

5 Year Member
Hi, can i ask you the consistency of her mucous? i know it's a little gross hee I have 2 torts, both their noses are runny, one of them (Yoda) i figured out why already, she's allergic to most substrate and her nose only stopped 'running' when i stopped using substrates that created dust. The consistency is watery though.

My other tort (Dobby) is currently having RNS. But the consistency is thicker like mucous...that's why I'm asking, hope you don't mind. I'm just out of ideas now, her story is on another thread I started. She's currently "confined" to the vet. :( She is very active as well and eats a lot.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
I'm not an expert at all on stars; I'll bump it up so more experienced star owners can chime in.

Malaefic

5 Year Member
geekinpink said:
Hi, can i ask you the consistency of her mucous? i know it's a little gross hee I have 2 torts, both their noses are runny, one of them (Yoda) i figured out why already, she's allergic to most substrate and her nose only stopped 'running' when i stopped using substrates that created dust. The consistency is watery though.

My other tort (Dobby) is currently having RNS. But the consistency is thicker like mucous...that's why I'm asking, hope you don't mind. I'm just out of ideas now, her story is on another thread I started. She's currently "confined" to the vet. :( She is very active as well and eats a lot.

It's watery.

geekinpink

5 Year Member
hi, can I ask what do you use to nebulize the tort? Will just using Saline solution enough or i'll need a medicine?

Is nebulizing harmful if the tort has runny nose but not confirmed if she has respiratory problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.