And Rocky met Adrienne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PNW
AdriRock.jpg

I decided to go ahead and try put Adrienne with Rocky. It was technically too short a quarantine, hopefully I won't regret that.

-They both came from the same wholesaler, so likely same stocks.
-Neither appears sick at all anymore. In both cases it was what I'd call "onset MBD".

I had a hunch however that Adrienne would really benefit from the upgraded enclosure, and so far that's been true. Her activity went through the roof. There is alot to be said for a naturalistic (at least as close as I've managed so far) environment.

I've been watching them closely. I was very worried about putting 4 inch Adrienne in with 6 inch Rocky. I had expected it to be a short visit and then separation at first, but so far Rocky seems to be a gracious host. They have the mandatory "sniff each other fest" every time they cross paths, but no overt/intentional violence. I am a little worried about Rocky bulldozing Adrienne though when she just happens to be in the way.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Quarantine periods are one of those things that you can do by the book, or use some thoughtful common sense. Same breeder means same basic pathogen load, so not quite as risky.

She's gorgeous, and I would not expect you to have more the the usual amount of trouble- some pushing, some blocking access to prime sites, etc. Sort of interspecific behavior, sort of big guy just doing what he wants regardless of the obstacles.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Sooooo cute :D Love the names haha :p

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Owwww they are beautiful they have the same coloring as my Jaba.. !!
I hope they get along wonderfully!!

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
Thanks folks!
So far so good. Its nice seeing Adrienne more active.
We'll see about Rocky juniors in the future. Mark was thinking Rocky's a girl, so hopefully then Adrienne's a boy, LOL
That's a little messed up, but we'll see.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
That would be pretty messed up :p Hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.