Another 'can this tortoise live here' post...

jwr0201

Location (City and/or State)
Sarasota, FL
Trying to get creative so as not to bore you all... So, would it be possible or even likely that any of the smaller species of tortoise could live in an outdoor enclosure happily ever after here in hot, humid Florida?
I am limited in space - available areas would likely be 2.5' wide x 10-15' long. I may be able to do a corner area triangle approx. 4' x 4' x 5' ? Probably a bit too small for a Redfoot, huh?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Trying to get creative so as not to bore you all... So, would it be possible or even likely that any of the smaller species of tortoise could live in an outdoor enclosure happily ever after here in hot, humid Florida?
I am limited in space - available areas would likely be 2.5' wide x 10-15' long. I may be able to do a corner area triangle approx. 4' x 4' x 5' ? Probably a bit too small for a Redfoot, huh?
Too small for a RF, but a male hermanni or Russian could live in something that size. Or a male Burmese star, pancake, or elongta. How about a box turtle?

Any of them will need lots of shade and plants to hide under, and a temperature controlled shelter for safety at night and some warmth on the rare winter cold spells.