Another poop ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well I have been noticing that Tony has a bowel movement everyday sometimes twice a day... But Tiny poops once every three days..Then he doesn't seem to pass as much as I expect considering what he eats...

They are both well hydrated..both pee quite a bit everyday..

What I have noticed is Tinys poop comes out very firm.. Tony's poop is solid but not nearly as firm as Tinys...

Both graze in good weather.. Both each eat 2 heads of romaine' a mix of greens and either squash or cactus everyday( when they are kept inside)

Thoughts, opinions??

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Was Tiny the one passing rock's? If so maybe his system is still getting back on track.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Yes..That's Tiny..it's been almost two weeks since a rock...

I first thought Tiny was dehydrated since he poops every time I soak him..I don't believe he is dehydrated since he pees everyday like a race horse( shoots it clear across the enclosure..) everyday..

But he doesn't poop out as much as I think he should considering how much he eats..

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I pick up a grocery bag worth of poop everyday from Sid's outside enclosure. There is usually 5 or 6 big poops in various places around the yard. That could just be him though. I wonder how much Dmarcus's Vegas poops, he seem's about Tiny's size.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
CtTortoiseMom said:
I pick up a grocery bag worth of poop everyday from Sid's outside enclosure. There is usually 5 or 6 big poops in various places around the yard. That could just be him though. I wonder how much Dmarcus's Vegas poops, he seem's about Tiny's size.

Vegas is 37 pounds right now and he poops a lot and he does it every day, its not as much as Sid. I usually will find 1-2 big piles a day. I have taken pictures of a couple piles because the amount shocked me.

I agree with Erin, Tiny's system may just be getting it's self back on track after passing all those rocks.

Maybe some of Tony's poop actually belongs to Tiny...

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Tiny and Tony don't play well together..so they have separate enclosures..

Tony poops twice a day...and we are talking a copious amount of waste...

Tiny poops alot when I soak him...but if left to do his own buisness a natural ... It's every 2-3 days and maybe half of what Tony does everyday..

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Okay, I think it was the rocks the affected the pooping, probably just easier for Tiny to poop during the soaks than to poop natural. Maybe after some time Tiny will start poopoing every day without a soak..

Status
Not open for further replies.