any clue as to how old Comrad might be???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
las Vegas, NV
Okay, so my brother bought Comrad at Petco for my daughter for Christmas.

Any clue as to how old he might be?????? He is about 5 1/2" long and 5 1/4" wide. I am thinking he is a young adult male.... but any clue on age would be nice ;) I know this won't be 100% accurate but I thought you informed people might have some sort of idea.

Attachments

• DSC04448.JPG
    DSC04448.JPG
    260.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC04449.JPG
    DSC04449.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Comrad Turtle in the car.jpg
    Comrad Turtle in the car.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 21

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I would say he's about 10 years old.

(Did you ever decide what you'd like us to call you?)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
It is hard to gauge, because in the wild these guys can grow as little as 3 months out of the year. The rest of the time, they are hibernating or brumating. I agree with Yvonne's estimate. At the very least I would say 6 years old, probably closer to 10. Petco is famous for telling people that tortoises of this size are a year old, which is so incorrect it isn't even funny.

At over 5" he is a young adult, and from what I can see of the tail in the first picture, definitely male ;)

Comrad Turtles "grandma"

10 Year Member!
las Vegas, NV
@ Yvonne... my name is Kaissa, you can call me that :) I will change my signature to represent that so it makes it easier for everyone :)

WOW! 10 (+/-)years old! I was thinking 5 or 6.... He sure is pretty nice and sociable with me since he is that age. He is sitting on my shoulder, under my hair right now and occasionally "snuffing" at me :) Love this little dude. Yes, figured out pretty quickly he was a boy from my research online:)

P.S: Petco is also the one that advised my brother to feed him the BOX TURTLE food, apples, carrots and a basic salad mix. Sheesh.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Petco can't make money if they tell you to buy spring mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.