Any clue what this succulent is?

Beach Bum

Location (City and/or State)
Pismo Beach, CA.
Picked up this cool succulent today at a succulent and craft sale. It was the only one and the vendor didn't even know what kind it was but it was something I've never seen before. Anybody have any clue what it is?image.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
hello plant , and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
I've no idea what you are, but you're very interesting looking.

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
adenium-obesum-desert-rose-flowering-succulent-red.jpg

this is the closest I can find to your plant. Never seen before

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hey, Lexiii: Another plant lover! Good job. I'd never seen this before. Now I have to have one.

I think you're correct that it's in the Senecio family, however, the leaves don't look the same as the beautiful plant in your picture.

Last edited:

Beach Bum

Pismo Beach, CA.
Thanks for the responses. My wife had spotted it and was on a mission. Her folks were right behind us and I'd mentioned her mom would probably want it but the claws came out when she heard it was the only one the vendor had. Don't get between a woman and her succulents I guess. I'd spotted another nice one at a yard sale just before I'd never seen either but it was in the fella's flower bed and he wouldn't part with it. The bottom one was like a wooden football almost. These succulents sure thrive here at beach. Coming from the Central Valley of Ca. I couldn't ever keep any alive.image.jpgimage.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The bottom one is Euphorbia obesa, one of my favorites. I know the red one too, but my old age memory is acting up and it won't come to the forefront.

Beach Bum

Pismo Beach, CA.
Lexiii you are correct! I was able to find some pics of a senecio articulata and that's exactly what it looks like. Sure hope mine blooms this pretty. image.jpgimage.jpg

Lexiii

CT
Thanks for the responses. My wife had spotted it and was on a mission. Her folks were right behind us and I'd mentioned her mom would probably want it but the claws came out when she heard it was the only one the vendor had. Don't get between a woman and her succulents I guess. I'd spotted another nice one at a yard sale just before I'd never seen either but it was in the fella's flower bed and he wouldn't part with it. The bottom one was like a wooden football almost. These succulents sure thrive here at beach. Coming from the Central Valley of Ca. I couldn't ever keep any alive.View attachment 129379View attachment 129380

That top one is beautiful! Sneak into his yard tonight.....j/k! My choices are somewhat limited living in CT.