Any good cleaning strategies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knight_visionn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
Are there any good strategies to cleaning these guys? Mine has a tendency to defecate in his hide, which results in, after some "digging", it being all over him.

I do what I can with my hands and warm water, but in the spurs and some of the harder to reach/sensitive places, he's still an incredibly dirty boy. Not that I'm particularly worried about it - people just tend to be deterred when they ask "what is all that dark stuff in between his spurs?" :D

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
OH MY :/ I've never heard that one before...mine defecate in their morning soaks and throughout the day in their water and food bowl. I can't believe yours burrows itself into it hahaha <--not funny for you but just picturing what it'd look like and the smell OHGOSH...I'd say a soft bristle toothbrush and warm water should do the trick. The poop is so strong and smelly that you might have to rub dawn dish soap on the brush afterwards to clean it and possibly get the smell out. IDK if anyone elses torts have smelly poo but my sulcata hatchlings have really smelly poo that lingers so you'd have to wash it good, I have to wash my hands real good if I pick it up and I have to scrub and wash the soaking bowl too as it smells on the plastic.

qixer01

10 Year Member!
I agree. A soft bristle brush and warm water in the bath tub works for me.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Yep I also use a soft denture brush. It has longer bristles then a toothbrush.

Status
Not open for further replies.