Any night box builders out there?

Happy_camper

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
Bella (my Greek tortoise) has requested I add a night/winter heated house to her outdoor enclosure. I've lurked around the forum and see great ideas and plans, but honestly don't have enough spare time, tools, and skills to tackle it myself (I am pretty handy at other house projects!). Is there anyone out there that makes them, or if I bought supplies could help assemble correctly (paid of course)? We are in San Diego county and it would be around 18" x 36". Thanks!

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Bella (my Greek tortoise) has requested I add a night/winter heated house to her outdoor enclosure. I've lurked around the forum and see great ideas and plans, but honestly don't have enough spare time, tools, and skills to tackle it myself (I am pretty handy at other house projects!). Is there anyone out there that makes them, or if I bought supplies could help assemble correctly (paid of course)? We are in San Diego county and it would be around 18" x 36". Thanks!

There is good info and I think even blueprints on this site, and you could probably find a good Taskrabbit person to follow those directions.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
18x36 is too small. With the insulated walls and heating stuff inside, there won't be enough room. Make it 4x4, which will be about 40x40inches inside when done. This will allow enough room for heaters and mounting a basking bulb for cold cloudy spring and fall days when needed.

Happy_camper

Tortoise Club
San Diego, CA
18x36 is too small. With the insulated walls and heating stuff inside, there won't be enough room. Make it 4x4, which will be about 40x40inches inside when done. This will allow enough room for heaters and mounting a basking bulb for cold cloudy spring and fall days when needed.
Thanks, yes thinking about the interior space more it really does need to be bigger than I originally thought (was trying to put in a particular corner)!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks, yes thinking about the interior space more it really does need to be bigger than I originally thought (was trying to put in a particular corner)!
Good luck with your tortoise project. Let us know how it all turns out!