Anyone else have this problem?

Opuntia

Location (City and/or State)
uk
Hi. I have two Hermanns 9 &10 housed separately. Each has Acadia 100w uv lamp plus other lighting and 4/8 indoor run in a spare bedroom temperature are 34/27/24/21. One will get up and move to heat in the morning the other will stay in night box unless I get him up. When up they will both find food and eat.The one that gets himself up will go back under his lamp and stay there until about 4o'clock then go back to bed. The other Will eat and go straight back to bed. That's it for the day. Do all tortoises do this? Or have I got something wrong?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Each turtle is different. Some of mine smell me putting out the food and come out to eat but some of them wait for me to get them out and put them in front of the food. It's a little worrisome that the one of yours that does come out sits under the light all day. Makes me think his enclosure isn't warm enough.

Opuntia

uk
Each turtle is different. Some of mine smell me putting out the food and come out to eat but some of them wait for me to get them out and put them in front of the food. It's a little worrisome that the one of yours that does come out sits under the light all day. Makes me think his enclosure isn't warm enough.
Thanks for replying.
All the temperature Ive given are on the floor of enclosures 27 is the room temp I've tried to lower and higher temperature giving it days to see if it make a difference. It does not. Please tell me what is a normal day for your tortoises. I'm so keen to get it right for them.

Opuntia

uk
Thanks for replying.
All the temperature Ive given are on the floor of enclosures 27 is the room temp I've tried to lower and higher temperature giving it days to see if it make a difference. It does not. Please tell me what is a normal day for your tortoises. I'm so keen to get it right for them.
One goes back to bed all day.????