Anyone else obsessed with their tortoises....

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
I turn down holidays, days out etc as I need to make sure spud doesn't flip etc and most if my pocket money goes towards his food or a new thermometer etc.

And running out in my pjs (when I have no weeds left) with scissors in my hand to the nearest place that I know there are food weeds (about 2 roads away)

It's all worth it though :D
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1441009813.740088.jpg

longmire19

Although I have been a reptile enthusiast as long as I can remember, I would have never thought I would one day become tortoise obsessed. They were never on my radar. ...until... One day I came across a little wayward RT walking across a busy parking lot. I searched for his owners, Craigslist, animal shelters, local vets, posted fliers etc, but no one came forth to claim him. That was almost two months ago and now I can't imagine life without him! I know he doesn't technically have little fingers, but if he did I most certainly would be wrapped around one.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
I'm that weirdo taking her tortoise for walks. I live in a big city and my back yard isn't currently tortoise safe (that's a project we hope to complete by next spring) so I've been taking my little guy across the street to an empty lot for sun and exploration. I've gotten lots of weird looks and some friendly inquiries.

Also, going out of town for a long weekend this coming weekend. Am parsing out his food and leaving instructions for him that are as extensive as the ones for my elderly cat and my dogs. So there's that.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
When I make Halloween costumes for him, yep I guess I can say that I am obsessed, lol!

ingrass2.jpg