Anyone has Cuban rock iguana here ?

xXtortoiseloverXx

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
south Florida
I am thinking to get a Cuban rock iguana , hear it is the tamest iguana , so please share ur experience . Thanks

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
Needs lots of time and training to be "tamed" pretty docile compared to other iguana species though. Can get aggressive especially males during the breeding season

xXtortoiseloverXx

10 Year Member!
south Florida
Needs lots of time and training to be "tamed" pretty docile compared to other iguana species though. Can get aggressive especially males during the breeding season
Hate that word aggressive , lol that is only thing that holding me back .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
All reptiles need to be handled to keep calm . So just work with them It will be OK . I have had iguanas and they for the most part let you know when to back off . It's also smart to handle them in the morning or evenings . When they are cooling down . This way it takes a little of the fight out of them . So you can tame them down .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
A buddy had one. Very flighty when young, but it tamed down a bit when it got older. It would still wig out when you first picked him up, but would calm down after 10 seconds of panic.

I would not consider these the tamest of the iguanas in general.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
All reptiles need to be handled to keep calm . So just work with them It will be OK . I have had iguanas and they for the most part let you know when to back off . It's also smart to handle them in the morning or evenings . When they are cooling down . This way it takes a little of the fight out of them . So you can tame them down .
Some breeders keep their young iguana colder than normal so that they don't have enough energy to be bitey or skittish