Approx age vs weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIttleGreys

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi,
I have found a leopard for adoption........I haven't seen it yet, only photos. When I asked about size/age (nothing in the photo to reference size, but it "looks" like a young adult), the owner only said 10 pounds. Any guess on approx age?
I will certainly be asking the owner more questions, but just wondering!!
Really would like to adopt this guy/gal, but with my sick little leo, I have to really think about it, as I would need to purchase a whole nother set-up, lighting/heating etc on top of the vet bills for my little one.
Sue

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Extremely hard to judge age by size, but by the weight it does sound like an almost adult sized Leopard tortoise.

Danny

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
LIttleGreys said:
Hi,
I have found a leopard for adoption........I haven't seen it yet, only photos. When I asked about size/age (nothing in the photo to reference size, but it "looks" like a young adult), the owner only said 10 pounds. Any guess on approx age?
Really would like to adopt this guy/gal, but with my sick little leo, I have to really think about it, as I would need to purchase a whole nother set-up, lighting/heating etc on top of the vet bills for my little one.
Sue

If you do decide to get it, do NOT put him outside on the same area your sick baby has been. Also make sure to clean your hands after handling each one. Don't share anything.
good luck
Patsy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you decide to get this tortoise, please set it up outside in a regular pasture especially made for the tortoise. Adult tortoises belong outside, not indoors in a container. If your weather isn't good to keep it outside, then you have to do what you can to fix that. Make a heated house, etc. An adult tortoise, especially one of the larger specimens like leopard, just won't do well unless he can get the sun and have exercise everyday.

Yvonne

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
LIttleGreys said:
Hi,
Sue

Also you need to know whether this leopard is pp or pb. 10 lbs for pp means it has some more rooms to grow.

LIttleGreys

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
This turned out to be scam. I am in PA, ad was posted on Craigslist. The person said they were in Portland and I had to pay the pet delivery service in advance to deliver them.
No more leopards for me anyway. It was all too heartbreaking thanks to one cruel individual out to make a buck.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Don't let 'em "steal your tortie joy", Little Grey ~ besides, you should 'prolly just focus on your little one now ;)

Purpod

Status
Not open for further replies.