Aquiring new CH redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamas55

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northfield, MN
Don't know if it's appropriate to ask on this site, but, having established here that maybe the redfoots like company, where can I be directed to purchase another 3-5" female? I see places on line, but don't know if they are good places. We have a maybe 1 week window of time here in MN for 50-60 degree weather, then back to the 40's. thanks

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Tough call, not even sure it can be accurately sexed at that size. Unless you want to take a chance that it's been temp sexed? I've only come across one site that has "temp sexed" cherryheads and when I inquired about some somewhere around 6 months ago they were out. Anyhow, here's their site. I've never dealt with them, so I can't tell you anymore than what I've already said. http://www.knreptiles.com/available/tortoises.html Best of luck to you, Bryan

llamas55

5 Year Member
Northfield, MN
what about the plastron scutes and placement of anal opening? and the hint of a waist coming in? esp. the anal opening? anyhow I guess I'll settle for a ch redfoot, gotta write the guy recommended above, he has a neat one which, like mom, has red spots outlined in yellow. so pretty.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
llamas55 said:
what about the plastron scutes and placement of anal opening? and the hint of a waist coming in? esp. the anal opening? anyhow I guess I'll settle for a ch redfoot, gotta write the guy recommended above, he has a neat one which, like mom, has red spots outlined in yellow. so pretty.

Until they hit about 5" straight carapace length, they will appear to be all female.

Status
Not open for further replies.