Are hard poops ok

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Give Veterinarians a break here. Ninety nine percent will offer referral if they are not proficient in reptile medicine or at least let you know that they are willing to try to help if you are unable to use a veterinarian that is. Ask!
My awful experience with some vets who decided to experiment on my reptiles has cautioned me hard against agreeing with this statement. Ninety nine percent? I would say more like 50% and that's being generous. Meaning, 50% of the vets I have been to with my reptiles. However, I am also happy to say that I do believe that there are some wonderful, caring and effective vets and we are lucky if we get one of those!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Give Veterinarians a break here. Ninety nine percent will offer referral if they are not proficient in reptile medicine or at least let you know that they are willing to try to help if you are unable to use a veterinarian that is. Ask!
In my 40 years or so of tortoise-keeping this has not been my experience.

dianefourie

Spring, TX
Well, I’m happy you’ve been to some great veterinarians! I just say this because I know the profession well, as I am one. It sounds like you’ve had a few that shouldn’t have seen your tortoise and that is unethical and embarrassing. I do think that 99% would be honest and upfront with you.