Argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esiotort

5 Year Member
I've been looking for ages for a reliable breeder of leopards. One has just got back to me saying that they have one 4 year old left. But I'm nervous about the size cant seem to find anything about age and size on the Internet. Can anyone tell me some averages? Thanks

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
You'll see the East African variety of leopard tortoises more often. Adults size typically range from 9 inches to around 18 inches. Averages are in the 12 - 16 inch range. The South African variety will grow larger.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Where do you live? Depending on what part of the country you live in you can probably find one near you relatively easily.

Are you asking how big a 4 year old would be? If so, there's not really an exact answer as different torts grow at different rates depending on a few variables. Do you live in an apartment or house? A full grown leopard will need a decent sized pen in a yard.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I just weighted and measured mine yesterday. I got two of mine when they were about 4 years old, they should be around 4-5 inches in length and a few hundred grams most likely. I don't have my charts here at work, but if you want specifics, let me know and I'll send you info.

My largest, who ironically was my smallest at 4 years old, is now 13" in length and 17 pounds. he's growing like a weed!!

Esiotort

5 Year Member
Thanks for your help. I'm picking him up next week he's so cool. When I saw him all he did was walk backwards lol. Funny thing. Il be sure to post pictures :). And more info would be fab if you don't mind. Ta guys

Also.... How long can he brawny from his enclosure for ? Without causing any issues. Think I'm abit paranoid lol

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Just for reference, at 4 years old, one of mine was 4" and 250 grams and the other was 4.5" and 440 grams. Good luck with your new guy and please post some pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.