Austin from Little Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinl01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, AR
What a great forum you all have going! I'm really glad I found a nice, active forum about turtles and tortoises. There's so much information and nice pictures of turtles here. Here's my story...I currently don't have any turtles, but I used to have around a dozen box turtles at one time when I was 10 or so. I would collect them in the woods and had a huge habitat for them--basically a big backyard with a small pond for them. (I know some of you would frown on this, but hey, I was just a kid and didn't know much!) They did very well for me as most were three toed box turtles. One even laid eggs. Anyway, I would keep them for a little while, and I eventually let them all go. I hope to learn a lot more about them and get into the hobby again. I'm looking for some easy box turtles to get started again, maybe Easterns.

Cheers,
Austin
Little Rock, AR

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Austin:

I think I may have welcomed you on a different thread, but seeing as how this is your introductory thread...

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!! May we see many turtles and tortoises in your future! :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Austin, welcome! Sounds like you had a great childhood... and backyard. :D So your thinking toward Eastern? Those are some beauties. I know I would like to try working with a couple of them and Gulfs too. Actually I have a couple of young Easterns, but they don't count, do they? :rolleyes: :p Any how, nice meeting you. :tort:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome!! I don't own a tortoise yet either! But enjoy reading about everyone else's.

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
Thanks for the nice intro. I hope to learn a lot and see everyone's turtles. Maybe I can get some nice adults of my own soon.

Cheers,
Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.