Babies won't eat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I have three ornate babies - two of them won't eat! One is fine (as are the rest of the babies in the enclosure) but these two will not eat!!!! After several weeks I started syringe feeding them, hoping that would stimulate them some - but nothing. I've increased the temps - and I started keeping them in a warm incubator at night, still nothing. What's next? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
What have you been trying? Any live foods?

I would try getting some live blackworms and offer them to them in the water dish.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Are these hatchlings? If they are, this is what I usually do. Put a bit of warm water in a little tub, add some turtle brittle, or any kind of pellets food and some frozen blood worms or cut up small worms...anything that will wiggle...pill bugs...etc. and the put the little tub right into the enclosure and leave them alone for a while.

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Glendora, CA
Kimber, as you know I have 3/3-toed hatchlings;) - hadn't seen the tiniest one eat for 2 days, so tonite when they were soaking I did just what Terry-O was talking about, soaked turtle brittle, a couple "glops" of baby food squash, and a few wigglers - that little guy went after the food like the big boxies go after worms! Of course then they all had to have another clean water soak 'cuz they were gunky!:p

kimber_lee_314 said:
I have three ornate babies - two of them won't eat! One is fine (as are the rest of the babies in the enclosure) but these two will not eat!!!! After several weeks I started syringe feeding them, hoping that would stimulate them some - but nothing. I've increased the temps - and I started keeping them in a warm incubator at night, still nothing. What's next? Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.