Baby Indian Star Tortoise

Kunal Bherwani

Location (City and/or State)
Ahmedabad
Hello
I have an baby star tortoise which I got from farm, when i got he was nearly 3 month. I am having him from a month.
I use to notice he is lazy and not tends to move more from day I get him to home.
But after sometime he used to move around my home and rome everywhere, but from some days he is not moving much just sleeping.

He eats in proper way but not moving much and sleeping almost a day.
I dont have any suitable vet near by me. Can anyone help me how can I make my tortoise active?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do not let him roam your house floors, very dangerous and not warm enough.
He needs a basking area that reaches 95-100
Uvb from a tube florescent or the sun when it's warm enough and over all temps of at least 80
And in a closed chamber enclosure for all this and humidity of 80%.

Kunal Bherwani

Ahmedabad
Do not let him roam your house floors, very dangerous and not warm enough.
He needs a basking area that reaches 95-100
Uvb from a tube florescent or the sun when it's warm enough and over all temps of at least 80
And in a closed chamber enclosure for all this and humidity of 80%.
I already setup a basking area for him but he tends to have much activity from last week he is not moving at all. I allow him for sunlight near 30 minutes. And I also have uvb setup and i use him to bask near by 45 minutes?

What diet should i follow or is there any medicine i can give?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to tell you that, honestly, if you do not follow exactly what Wellington said you must do, your little turtle will die. We really know what is needed for him to grow healthy. He needs his own properly set up enclosure which is big enough, warm enough and humid enough. Never on the floor of your house. Thanks!

Kunal Bherwani

Ahmedabad
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to tell you that, honestly, if you do not follow exactly what Wellington said you must do, your little turtle will die. We really know what is needed for him to grow healthy. He needs his own properly set up enclosure which is big enough, warm enough and humid enough. Never on the floor of your house. Thanks!
Can you guide a indoor setup for my tortoise

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I already setup a basking area for him but he tends to have much activity from last week he is not moving at all. I allow him for sunlight near 30 minutes. And I also have uvb setup and i use him to bask near by 45 minutes?

What diet should i follow or is there any medicine i can give?
Please read this thread:

And more good info here too:

Reactions: Ink