Baby Redfoot health

cupcake1674

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465741912.603081.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465741932.908903.jpgi have attached a pic of my baby Redfoot Quickly, his head is cocked and stays that way I have another baby that seams to be thriving better , Quickly eats , drinks and goes to his heat lamp for heat then goes to water then to hide, his neck twisted however is a bit concerning to me I love him so much and can't figure out what went wrong I feed them both the same and there living quarters mimic each other please if anyone can help

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Have you looked closely under good light at his neck/shoulders? There might be someting stuck in there (splinter?)

cupcake1674

This just started about a week or two ago and seams to be getting worse, I've checked for something lodged in his neck area and nothing :( just worried

Pearly

5 Year Member
This doesn't sound normal. Try giving him nice long bath and attempt irrigating (flushing out) the pits between neck and shoulders under lukewarm running water and very good light. Maybe get someone to assist so you can examine entire head/neck/shoulders area under magnifying glass. Maybe get some coconut oil and gently/slowly massage the whole area, so you fingertips have a chance to pick up any irregularity. It there's nothing external that maybe causing it, I'd take this baby to your tort vet. I know, it's not going to be cheap, but it can't be comfortable for the tort whatever the cause is. I've never heard of such thing in RF. Something is not right. Can you take couple of close up pics of your tort and post them? More eyes is always a good idea. Good luck and keep us posted.

Pearly

5 Year Member
One more thing, i just looked at your enclosure (nice!) and noticed open top. What are your ambient temps and humidity?

cupcake1674

We live in south FL and are humidity is high right now it's 78% , we also have a fogger we use twice daily when humidity is low they are outside on our lanai them temp inside enclosure is around 94

cupcake1674

I live in Port Charlotte SW FL , that DR would be a little far , I'm going to watch him closely until I find a vet that specializes in tortoises

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
If you still haven't figured out the cause then I would definitely find a vet.
Even if the vet is a little far, it might be worth going to the one Zero mentioned. A good vet that's far away is better than a bad vet that's close.