Baby Redfoot is here! {Pics}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland/Central FL
I got her from Vicki Hale at Tortoiseyard.com. I love that you can pick out an individual tortoise from her photo gallery. Vicki was great, and so far I would definitely recommend her!

starfield

5 Year Member
I have several Vicki hale babies and they Are some of the best! Very cute baby! Congrats! Do you know who mom is? I have mrs slowcome babies... Some from last year and one from this

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Beck said:
I got her from Vicki Hale at Tortoiseyard.com. I love that you can pick out an individual tortoise from her photo gallery. Vicki was great, and so far I would definitely recommend her!

Nice! I really like the coloring, looks like she has quite a few little ones with beautiful red coloring!

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
Re: RE: Baby Redfoot is here! {Pics}

starfield said:
I have several Vicki hale babies and they Are some of the best! Very cute baby! Congrats! Do you know who mom is? I have mrs slowcome babies... Some from last year and one from this

Her mom is Sal. I was tempted by a few Mrs. Slocomb babes though.

I've already fallen in love. Thanks for the congrats y'all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
She's already dutifully chomped the tops of all the lettuce mix seedlings that managed to sprout before she got here.

She's eaten twice and has tried out two of the three hides.

I was undecided about taping the plastic walls so she couldn't see out. On the walls I did tape, I taped from the outside. It appears she sees her reflection on those walls and has spent a good hour sitting there, tilting her head from side to side, and checking herself out (one would assume she doesn't actually recognize it as herself). Silly girl.

sunshine_hugs

5 Year Member
She's such a beauty! Seems to have a great personality too...can't believe how social she seems with you. Have you chosen a name for her yet?

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
sunshine_hugs said:
She's such a beauty! Seems to have a great personality too...can't believe how social she seems with you. Have you chosen a name for her yet?

I think curiosity gets the best of her! When my BF carried her from the kitchen to her enclosure, she started to duck but then decided to keep her head out and look around. I can't wait to get to know her more.

I have a name in mind. I'm waiting for the BF to come back from work to give me the yay or nay.

Pokeymeg said:
I LOVE the tiny legs poking over the edge of the dish :)

ME TOO! Too bad the Show Me Those Legs contest is closed! haha

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
beautiful red foot! i want one! >.< I wish i had a bigger backyard! my Greeks already called dibs!

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL

She has been officially named Cortana (or Corey for short). Both a Halo and a Boy Meets World reference... I'm a nerd.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Vicky Hale is a nice lady that has equally nice torts!

Whillow

5 Year Member
That is so good to know that your new red foot is doing so good. I just purchased a baby red foot from Vicky Hale and she should arrive on Tuesday. I'm so excited!!

Status
Not open for further replies.