Battery operated light fixtures?

barefootgirl

5 Year Member
We are on our third winter storm here and there is the threat of losing power. Are there any heat lamp fixtures that work on batteries? I know our little guy will be okay for a while with towels around his enclosure (he is inside) to conserve heat but there have been times when we were without power for a few days and I want an emergency plan. Thanks!

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
A few yrs back I lived up north and kept parrots and an extensive snake collection...and was concerned about power failure... I ended up hireing a electrician to wire a generator switching panel( just for those rooms) and brought a cheap generator.. Total expense about $1600 but it sure did come in handy on the 3-4 occasions I got to use it...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'd buy one of the inexpensive propane heaters that attach to a simple propane tank.
They are quick to light and set up.
Beware of carbon monoxide, though. It would have to be a vented room.

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
There are many 12 volt options available , I had a heater ,small hot plate , lights and fans on my sailboat . The drawback is you need a bank of batterys and a solar panel to charge them. I had a switch over and had 2 charging while 2 were in use . I honestly think in a home situation , a small generator is the best way to go ! :)

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
If you don't want to wire it into house panel..you can always run an extension cord in thru a window to power that one fixture... I've seen small generators on CL for $300